15 Jaw-Dropping Photos Taken At Glacier National Park
Located in the U.S. state of Montana, on the Canada–United States border with the Canadian provinces of Alberta and British Columbia, the Glacier National Park is one of the top tourist destinations across the country! The park covers over a 1,000,000 acres (4,000 km2) of land & 130 named lakes. The Glacier National Park hosts more than 1,000 different species of plants and hundreds of species of animals- which has been referred to as the “Crown of the Continent Ecosystem”! Glacier National Park is dominated by mountains which were carved into their present shapes by the huge glaciers of the last ice age; these glaciers have largely disappeared over the last 12,000 years.
Let’s take a look at 15 Spectacular Photos taken at Glacier National Park:
1. East Glacier Dawn in Many Glacier National Park Montana
2. Grinnell Peak, Glacier National Park, Swiftcurrent Lake
Taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark III by Hassy Chick Kalai
3. Don’t Fall In!
Iconic Triple Falls in Logan Pass section of Glacier National Park by Y Lau
4. Black bear eating berries in Glacier National Park
Taken by Christine Haines
5. Bull Moose
Taken on Nikon D300S by kurt
6. Glenns Lake by Jeffrey Pang
View from the Glenns Lake Head campground. Glacier National Park, September 2013.
7. Swiftcurrent Lake by Anthony Sekellick
Taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark III
8. Glacier – Avalanche Creek Bend
Taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark III by Jeff Krause
9. Sunrise at Water stairs in Glacier National Park
Taken with Canon 5D Mark III by Chung Hu
10. Cool Goats
Mountain Goats gather on patch of snow to cool off from the hot summer sun By 818PathFinder (Jamesa1)
11. Looking for a Den by Ian Cocks
Taken on Canon EOS 5D Mark II
12. Many Glacier Sunrise 9896 – Explored
Photography: Chuck Hilliard (Nikon D7000)
13. Winter Peace (Lake McDonald) by Fred Frank
Taken with Nikon D300
14. Bearhat Mountain and Hidden Lakes
Taken by John and Jean Strother
15. Big horn sheep by Jeffrey Pang
Taken on Canon EOS 7D
Note: All Photos are a copyright of respective owners! Please click on a photo to view them on flickr. If you have travel photos on flickr, share your link in the comments or get in touch with us to showcase your photography. So, what are you waiting for? Get clicking shutterbug!!